Counseling is a New support that is therapeutic. There are various advantages over the standard therapeutic sessions. And there are a few cons. As the technology has developed counselling has grown expanding from email based communication to include pc-to-pc phone sessions chat and based video sessions. Counseling is determined by the Internet and the personal computer. Online As a computer is useless without being on the cable or telephone lines, Counselling is dependent upon Internet service providers. With the price of getting hooked up and the cost of high end machines, an increasing number of people are online. Banking, study, game playing and communicating via computer are as common as driving to the local store. Increasingly, treatment and online counselling is becoming a standard.
This Article will outline a few of the advantages and disadvantages of counselling, also referred to distance learning or as e-therapy. But a little bit about how it works. Basic Counseling entails their problem, whatever it may be being written out by a customer and sending an online counselor or therapist who answers within a day or 2 that information. That is considered one session. Fee structures vary. Chat and phone sessions are usually offered at the rate of $1.00/minute. Open Mind Counseling has taken the approach of offering a risk free, no fee policy asking instead to submit a gift, of any amount, if they so choose. This strategy removes one of the cons of counseling.
- Online counseling’s benefit is the convenience. Therapy requires that the customer visit an office. Appointments are during working hours that means an individual drive to a different place in the city or city must leave their job, find a place to park, attend the session and then return to their own work. Even though the therapy session might last 50 minutes, the time could be longer, or a few hours. Counseling takes place. With counselling singapore technologies available counseling can happen just about anywhere.
- Counseling is more affordable than traditional counselling. Therapy sessions or counselling can cost anywhere from $65 to $120 or more per hour.
- Another advantage is anonymity. Clients can be more forthcoming knowing they scrutinized and are not being observed. Honesty and self disclosure will happen due to anonymity.
- Individuals that have transportation constraints, have anxieties or are shy can access intervention through counseling.
- Some people express themselves better than they do in person, in writing. For such folks email provides an ideal avenue for discussing their issues with a counselor.
- Counseling emails can be read and re-read permitting following the session.